Case Manager – New Jersey
Founded in 2012, and in collaboration with the U.S. Department of Veterans Administration (VA), CL&A provides HUD-VASH Case Management services to assist homeless/formerly homeless Veterans in securing and maintaining stable housing.
We are seeking a Case Manager who will be located in the Veterans Affairs Supported Housing on the Lyons Campus of the VA to join our team to help contribute to the continuous quality improvement of client care. Our employees enjoy a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance along with a 401K plan, paid time off and sick leave and a real opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the underserved.
The primary role of the Case Manager – Valley Brook Village is to provide specialized Housing First Assertive Community Treatment (HF-ACT) case management services to prevent negative outcomes and events among high-risk Veterans experiencing active behavioral health conditions and serious medical conditions. This position provides enhanced clinical treatment and support services to Veterans requiring more intensive case management, monitoring, and assistance in order to achieve recovery and housing goals.
All services are grounded in a Housing First philosophy and are designed to help enrolled veterans referred by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs secure and maintain stable housing and prevent a return to homelessness.
This position is challenging and requires dedication to the mission of housing veterans who are currently homeless.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Valley Brook Village, Lyons NJ VA Campus
Position Type: Exempt
Key responsibilities include:
- Working as part of an interdisciplinary team of professionals engage and provide case management services to intensive high needs homeless/formerly homeless Veterans with active mental illness, and substance abuse disorders and co-occurring medical conditions in the community and their homes.
- Accurately assessing the psychosocial functioning and needs of Veterans and their family.
- Conducting psychosocial assessments and providing service coordination to prevent negative outcomes and events among high-risk Veterans.
- Coordinating with the Housing Team in the home finding process.
- Monitoring Veterans’ ability to function independently and maintaining wellness in the community.
- Master’s degree in the social sciences from an academic institution accredited in Social Work and/or Psychology. (e.g. Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, Psychology, others as appropriate)
- Minimum of one (1) year experience providing case management.
- Experience working with Veterans, homeless populations, and/or people with active mental illness/co-occurring behavioral health and or substance abuse disorders preferred.
- Prior case management experience working in clinical and or housing/supportive housing programs strongly preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of public and private social welfare programs/services.
- Selected candidates will require successful completion of a Security/background investigation via NACI (National Agency Check with Written Inquiries) and a SAC (Special Agreement Check) which includes electronic fingerprinting and pre-employment drug screening.
- U.S. citizenship or legal resident status will be verified as part of this process.
- All licensed applicants will undergo a credentialing process at the local VA medical center (i.e. Vet Pro).
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Carlos Lopez & Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.