Case Manager- Valley Brook Village- New Jersey
Carlos Lopez & Associates is currently recruiting a HUD-VASH Case Manager who will be located in the Veterans Affairs Supported Housing on the Lyons Campus of the VAto join our team to help contribute to the continuous quality improvement of client care.
The primary role of the Case Manager – Valley Brook is to provide specialized Housing First Assertive Community Treatment (HF-ACT) case management services to prevent negative outcomes and events among high risk Veterans experiencing active behavioral health conditions and serious medical conditions. This position provides enhanced clinical treatment and support services to Veterans requiring more intensive case management, monitoring, and assistance in order to achieve recovery and housing goals.
All services are grounded in a Housing First philosophy and are designed to help enrolled veterans referred by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs secure and maintain stable housing and prevent a return to homelessness.
Founded in 2012, Carlos Lopez & Associates, LLC is a prime contractor with the U.S. Department of Veterans Administration (VA) providing HUD-VASH services to assist enrolled veterans in securing and maintaining stable housing and preventing a return to homelessness. In collaboration with the local VA, we provide professional, client-centered and customer-oriented services.
Our employees enjoy a competitive salary, opportunities for development, a comprehensive benefit package including, health, dental, vision, life insurance, EAP Services, AFLAC, along with a 401K plan, paid time off and paid sick leave and a real opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the underserved..
This position is challenging and requires dedication to the mission of housing veterans who are currently homeless.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working as part of an interdisciplinary team of professionals engage and provide case management services to intensive high needs homeless/formerly homeless Veterans with active mental illness, and substance abuse disorders and co-occurring medical conditions.
- Accurately assessing psychosocial functioning and needs of Veterans.
- Conducting psychosocial assessments and providing service coordination to prevent negative outcomes and events among high-risk Veterans.
- Monitoring Veterans’ ability to function independently and maintaining wellness in the community.
- Minimum BSW or a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in the social sciences or family therapy, and
- at least five (5) years of demonstrated case management experience working with homeless population or similarly challenging adult population, or
- Master’s degree in social sciences with one (1) year of demonstrated case management experience, preferred.
- Experience working with Veterans, homeless populations, and/or people with active mental illness/co-occurring behavioral health and or substance abuse disorders preferred.
- Prior case management experience working in clinical and or housing/supportive housing programs strongly preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of public and private social welfare programs/services.
- Selected candidates will require successful completion of a Security/background investigation via NACI (National Agency Check with Written Inquiries) and a SAC (Special Agreement Check) which includes electronic fingerprinting and pre-employment drug screening.
- U.S. citizenship or legal resident status will be verified as part of this process.
- All licensed applicants will undergo a credentialing process at the local VA medical center (i.e. Vet Pro).
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Carlos Lopez & Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.