HUD-VASH-Clincal Supervisor – Piscataway, New Jersey
Carlos Lopez & Associates is currently recruiting for a Clinical Manager to provide clinical and managerial oversight to case management teams providing services and support delivered in the community to homeless/formerly homeless veterans enrolled in the HUD VASH (Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing) Case Management Program.
All services are grounded in a Housing First philosophy and are designed to help enrolled veterans referred by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs secure and maintain stable housing and prevent a return to homelessness. Core daily activities include the successful achievement of program participant’s housing and community integration goals as part of an interdisciplinary team.
Founded in 2012, Carlos Lopez & Associates, LLC is a prime contractor with the U.S. Department of Veterans Administration (VA) providing HUD-VASH services to assist enrolled veterans in securing and maintaining stable housing and preventing a return to homelessness. In collaboration with the local U.S. Department of Veterans Administration (VA), we provide professional, client-centered and customer-oriented services.
Our employees enjoy a competitive salary, opportunities for development, a comprehensive benefit package including, health, dental, vision, life insurance, EAP Services, AFLAC, along with a 401K plan, paid time off and paid sick leave and a real opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the underserved.
This position is challenging and requires dedication to the mission of housing veterans who are currently homeless.
Key responsibilities include:
As part of an interdisciplinary team of professionals, the primary role of the Clinical Manager is to:
- Provide supervision and managerial oversight to Case Managers to ensure engagement and provision of case management services to homeless/formerly homeless Veterans with active mental illness, and substance abuse disorders and co-occurring medical conditions in the community and their homes.
- Monitor, review and recommend changes in program services to meet client needs;
- Ensure that program staff meet clinical benchmarks for quality care and productivity in accordance with contractual obligations and VA requirements.
- Train and provide ongoing guidance to staff on clinical intervention strategies, treatment planning and behavioral health screenings as necessary toward ensuring excellent service delivery standards.
- Ensures the utilization of best and evidence-based approaches to mental health care consistent with health/mental health integration, rehabilitation and recovery, wellness, treatment adherence, and all housing goals consistent with the intent of the HUD VASH program.
- Minimum MSW or a Masters’ degree in the social sciences (MFT, MH Counseling, Psychology)
- Active, unrestricted State of New Jersey Mental Health Counselor license, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, or Licensed Clinical Psychologist. (ability to practice independently)
- Minimum of three (3) consecutive years of management experience working with homeless population or similarly challenging adult population preferred
- Understanding of HUD-VASH program and services preferred.
- Ability to maintain emergency accessibility, work evenings and weekends as needed.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Experience working with Veterans, homeless populations, and/or people with active mental illness.
- Prior experience working in housing/supportive housing programs.
- Ability to travel independently throughout the community.
- Commitment to excellence, ethical behavior, and professional standards
- Desire and dedication to perform with a professional team
- The satisfaction of assisting homeless individuals become self-sufficient
- Selected candidates will require successful completion of a Security/background investigation via NACI (National Agency Check with Written Inquiries) and a SAC (Special Agreement Check) which includes electronic fingerprinting and pre-employment drug screening.
- U.S. citizenship or legal resident status will be verified as part of this process.
- A credentialing process at the local VA medical center (i.e. Vet Pro).
How to apply:
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Carlos Lopez & Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.