HUD-VASH Employment Specialist – New York City
Founded in 2012, Carlos Lopez & Associates, LLC is committed to providing professional services that are client-centered, and customer oriented in the areas of mental health, vocational rehabilitation, and behavioral health services.
In collaboration with the local U.S. Department of Veterans Administration (VA), we are dedicated to securing and maintaining stable housing and support to homeless/formerly homeless Veterans.
We are seeking an Employment Specialist to join our team to help contribute to the continuous quality improvement of client care. Our employees enjoy a competitive salary, opportunities for development, a comprehensive benefit package including, health, dental, vision, and life insurance along with a 401K plan, paid time off and paid sick leave.
This position is challenging and requires dedication to the mission of housing veterans who are currently homeless.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: New York City
Position Type: Exempt
Key responsibilities include:
The primary role of the Employment Specialist is to provide vocational rehabilitation services to Veteran clients in order to facilitate their employment and/or reemployment. Services include evaluating client interests, qualifications, skills, and limitations to develop appropriate employment objectives, providing individual job counseling to Veteran clients to counter employment challenges and assisting clients in developing realistic short- and long-term vocational goals.
- Education and experience equivalent to undergraduate degree in mental health, social services, social work, vocational guidance or other field related to the provision of employment services, or
- A combination of training, education, and experience equivalent to the standards listed above.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational, communication (written and oral), and presentation skills.
- 2 years of experience preferred
- Selected candidates will require successful completion of a Security/background investigation via NACI (National Agency Check with Written Inquiries) and a SAC (Special Agreement Check) which includes electronic fingerprinting and pre-employment drug screening.
- U.S. citizenship or legal resident status will be verified as part of this process.
How to apply:
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Carlos Lopez & Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.