Carlos Lopez & Associates is currently recruiting for an Employment Specialist to provide vocational rehabilitation services to Veteran clients in order to facilitate their employment and/or reemployment. Services include evaluating client interests, qualifications, skills, and limitations to develop appropriate employment objectives, providing individual job counseling to Veteran clients to counter employment challenges and assisting clients in developing realistic short- and long-term vocational goals.
All services are grounded in a Housing First philosophy and are designed to help enrolled veterans referred by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs secure and maintain stable housing and prevent a return to homelessness.
Founded in 2012, Carlos Lopez & Associates, LLC is a prime contractor with the U.S. Department of Veterans Administration (VA) providing HUD-VASH services to assist enrolled veterans in securing and maintaining stable housing and preventing a return to homelessness. In collaboration with the local U.S. Department of Veterans Administration (VA), we provide professional, client-centered and customer-oriented services.
Our employees enjoy a competitive salary, opportunities for development, a comprehensive benefit package including, health, dental, vision, life insurance, EAP Services, AFLAC, along with a 401K plan, paid time off and paid sick leave and a real opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the underserved.
This position is challenging and requires dedication to the mission of housing veterans who are currently homeless.
- Education and experience equivalent to undergraduate degree in mental health, social services, social work, vocational guidance or other field related to the provision of employment services, or
- A combination of training, education, and experience equivalent to the standards listed above.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational, communication (written and oral), and presentation skills.
- 2 years of experience preferred
- Selected candidates will require successful completion of a Security/background investigation via NACI (National Agency Check with Written Inquiries) and a SAC (Special Agreement Check) which includes electronic fingerprinting and pre-employment drug screening.
- U.S. citizenship or legal resident status will be verified as part of this process.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Carlos Lopez & Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.