HUD-VASH Substance Abuse Counselor – Los Angeles County
Founded in 2012 and in collaboration with the U.S. Department of Veterans Administration (VA), CL&A provides HUD-VASH Case Management services to assist in securing and maintaining stable housing and support to homeless/formerly homeless Veterans.
We are seeking a Substance Abuse Counselor to join our team to help contribute to the continuous quality improvement of client care. Our employees enjoy a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision and life insurance along with a 401K plan, paid time off and sick leave.
This position is challenging and requires dedication to the mission of housing veterans who are currently homeless.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Los Angeles County
Position Type: Exempt
Key responsibilities include:
- The primary role is to provide ongoing substance use case management and early treatment interventions to promote sustained stability in Veterans enrolled in the HUD-VASH Program.
- Provide group and individual case management and treatment
- Provide outreach services for HUD-VASH Veteran clients in the community to Substance Abuse treatment programs and providers.
- Develop comprehensive individualized recovery/treatment plans that address the factors that contribute to homelessness, including SUD and other co-occurring factors within a recovery model framework
- Certified Substance Abuse Counselor with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and three (3) years of demonstrated experience providing substance abuse counseling
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Experience working with Veterans, homeless populations, and/or people with active mental illness.
- Ability to travel independently throughout the community.
- Commitment to excellence, ethical behavior, and professional standards
- Desire and dedication to perform with a professional team
- The satisfaction of assisting homeless individuals become self-sufficient
- Selected candidates will require successful completion of a Security/background investigation via NACI (National Agency Check with Written Inquiries) and a SAC (Special Agreement Check) which includes electronic fingerprinting and pre-employment drug screening.
- U.S. citizenship or legal resident status will be verified as part of this process.
- A credentialing process at the local VA medical center (i.e. Vet Pro).
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Carlos Lopez & Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.