Psychiatric Registered Nurse – New York
Founded in 2012, Carlos Lopez & Associates, LLC is a prime contractor with the U.S. Department of Veterans Administration (VA) providing HUD-VASH services to assist enrolled veterans in securing and maintaining stable housing and preventing a return to homelessness.
We are seeking a Psychiatric Registered Nurse to join our team to help contribute to the continuous quality improvement of client care. Our employees enjoy a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K and a real opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the underserved.
This position is challenging and requires dedication to the mission of housing veterans who are currently homeless.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: New York City
Position Type: Exempt
Key responsibilities include:
- Development of individualized nursing assessments on Veteran participants who need enhanced clinical treatment and support services in order to achieve recovery and housing goals.
- Participate in determining resources and policies essential to the delivery of nursing care services.
- Act as an advocate and liaison for recipients in securing medical care, and other community supports that promote integrated physical and mental health wellness.
- Lead team in primary care issues to promote positive health outcomes.
- Registered Nurse licensed to practice in New York State.
- Experience in psychiatry/infectious disease/intensive care/emergency medicine/public health
- Prior experience working in clinical and/or housing/supportive housing programs strongly preferred.
- Ability to maintain emergency accessibility, work evenings and weekends as needed.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Experience working with Veterans, homeless populations, and/or people with active mental illness/co-occurring behavioral health and/or substance abuse disorders highly desired.
- Ability to travel independently throughout the community.
- Commitment to excellence, ethical behavior, and professional standards
- Desire and dedication to perform with a professional team
- The satisfaction of assisting homeless individuals become self-sufficient
- Selected candidates will require successful completion of a Security/background investigation via NACI (National Agency Check with Written Inquiries) and a SAC (Special Agreement Check) which includes electronic fingerprinting and pre-employment drug screening.
- S. citizenship or legal resident status will be verified as part of this process.
- Each staff member must complete a credentialing process at the local VA medical center (i.e. Vet Pro).
- Travel reimbursement for job-related duties.
- This is a full-time position. Salary is commensurate with experience.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Carlos Lopez & Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.