Veteran Social Worker – New York City
Founded in 2012 and in collaboration with the U.S. Department of Veterans Administration (VA), CL&A provides HUD-VASH Case Management services to assist homeless/formerly homeless Veterans in securing and maintaining stable housing.
We are seeking a Veteran Housing Social Worker to join our team to help contribute to the continuous quality improvement of client care. Our employees enjoy a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K and a real opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the underserved.
This position is challenging and requires dedication to the mission of housing veterans who are currently homeless.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: New York City
Position Type: Exempt
Key responsibilities include:
- Working as part of an interdisciplinary team of professionals engage and provide case management services to intensive high needs homeless/formerly homeless Veterans with active mental illness, and substance abuse disorders and co-occurring medical conditions in the community and their homes.
- Accurately assessing psychosocial functioning and needs of Veterans and their family.
- Conducting psychosocial assessments and providing service coordination to prevent negative outcomes and events among high-risk Veterans.
- Coordinating with the Housing Team in the home finding process.
- Monitoring Veterans’ ability to function independently and maintaining wellness in the community.
- Minimum MSW or a Masters’ degree in the social sciences (MFT, MH Counseling, Psychology)
- Minimum of one (1) consecutive years of relevant case management experience working with homeless population or similarly challenging adult population
- Ability to maintain emergency accessibility, work evenings and weekends as needed.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Experience working with Veterans, homeless populations, and/or people with active mental illness.
- Prior experience working in housing/supportive housing programs.
- Ability to travel independently throughout the community.
- Commitment to excellence, ethical behavior, and professional standards
- Desire and dedication to perform with a professional team
- The satisfaction of assisting homeless individuals become self-sufficient
- Selected candidates will require successful completion of a Security/background investigation via NACI (National Agency Check with Written Inquiries) and a SAC (Special Agreement Check) which includes electronic fingerprinting and pre-employment drug screening.
- U.S. citizenship or legal resident status will be verified as part of this process.
- A credentialing process at the local VA medical center (i.e. Vet Pro).
How to apply:
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Carlos Lopez & Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.